What is edcamp MetroDC?
edcamp MetroDC is a free, unconference for anyone interested in K-12 education, including teachers, administrators, parents, community members.
The defining characteristics of an edcamp are as follows:
- non-commercial and conducted with a vendor-free presence
- hosted by an organization interested in furthering the edcamp mission
- made up of sessions determined on the day of the event
- events where anyone who attends can be a presenter
- reliant on the “law of two feet” that encourages participants to find a session that meets their needs
For more information about edcamps, visit the edcamp Foundation wiki or watch this video: